DePauw Day was a special excursion during the Centennial Celebration, the 44th National Convention. With more than 1,700 attendees, members had to be led in groups so everyone could enjoy the experience. This keychain was supplied in the registration packet and indicated which group each member would travel with to DePauw that day.
The 1919 National Convention body voted to form a committee to design an official china pattern for use at Alpha Chi Omega chapter houses. This set was the first purchased from the Syracuse China Corporation and was used by Lambda (Syracuse University) chapter. It was found in a box of broken china sent to headquarters in 1990 for display.
A gold Hera Head pin honoring Alpha Chi Omega's patron goddess, Hera, was selected for ex-Grand Officers at the 12th National Convention in 1910. Alta Allen Loud received the first one in 1911. In 1919, the four living Founders received one at convention. Any sister who wears one now has served at least one term on the National Council.
Established in 1914, the Award of Distinction was to recognize the 29 sisters who served overseas in World War I. In 1924, the criteria was broadened to include sisters who had given “constructive service to the Fraternity.” Marian McDowell was the first to receive the new award in 1926. At the 1935 National Convention, each of the four living Founders were presented an award. Nellie Gamble Childe's award was donated to the national archives upon her death. The award was designed by Hungarian-American sculptor Julio Kilenyi.
The only original badge known to still be in existence, this badge belonged to Founder Bertha Deniston Cunningham (Alpha, DePauw University) and was created in 1885. The 3/4-inch badge features 28 pearls and seven garnets. Unlike many later badges, which feature twisted lyre strings, the strings on this badge are flat. Each new chapter is presented a copy of this badge for the chapter president to wear during her term. The president's badge is then passed from president to president.
This 3/4-inch badge belonged to Elizabeth Stine Casper, a charter member of the Gamma (Northwestern University) chapter initiated in 1890. The badge is 14-karat gold and features three pearls and 22 green glass stones. The badge also features a green glass and pearl stick pin with a Gamma chapter guard.